Friday, July 31, 2009

What a Busy Month

I can hardly believe that today is the last day of July. Where did the time go? We certainly have enjoyed a busy month. Between gallery events, visiting family members, AVIA's opening and gallery guests, we have hardly stopped. What fun! A few days away would be nice, but I do have a hard time tearing myself away from the gallery. Who can blame me? I love my job.

Ok, I know you're jealous that I get to spend every day here. If it will make you feel better, I had to wade through sales tax today all by myself. :( Yuck! Our delightful book keeper broke her foot recently and my trusty business consultant, Tina, was nowhere to be found. Mind you, it took me a lot longer to complete the forms than it would either of them, but it had to be postmarked today. So I hunkered down, held back the tears and dug in. I'm actually quite proud of myself for figuring it out. But don't worry ladies, I do NOT want your job. The sales tax paperwork is all yours next quarter.

After finishing the aforementioned, I was treated to a visit from QCFA artist, Thomas Arvid, his right hand, Rob Preiditsch and a few of his friends. After enjoying the gallery and a little business, I walked them down to the AVIA Hotel, where, courtesy of the hotel's General Manager, Kristine Youngberg, we shared a lovely bottle of Schramsburg's bubbles. Ahh, cold sparkling wine on a warm summer's day, atop Napa's newest hotel with some wonderful people. What a treat! I'm sorry you missed it. Seriously, you should come next time. It's what we do here. :)

Earlier this month we hosted the VIP reception for the Festival del Sole in the gallery and even managed to find time to attend a couple of their wonderful events. The Festival features concerts by some of the world’s most celebrated musical artists, five-star cuisine, art exhibits, and wines from Napa’s top vintners, blended in a unique celebration of the art of life. We thoroughly enjoyed Sarah Chang's performance at the Lincoln Theater. I even stood in line after wards to have her sign a cd for us for the gallery. Later, we enjoyed a very nice winemaker's dinner at Far Niente, where I was fortunate enought to be seated next to Mr. Jan Schrem, the owner of Clos Pegase Winery. What a delightful man. I hope to have the pleasure of getting to know him better and plan to visit his winery very soon.

So yes, Quent and I are a little tired, but Napa's season has just begun and we look forward to sharing it with you. Our beautiful gallery, the art within it, the wine, new friends and so much more. Just let us know when you will be here!

No comments: