Monday, August 25, 2008

Thanks for the Ride

Like many Americans, I have spent the last 2 weeks glued to the television watching Michael Phelps and his fellow Olympians earn medal after medal at this year's Summer Olympics in Bejing. In celebration of their achievements, I created a tribute to these amazing atheletes using some of the wonderful Olympic sculptures created by Danielle Anjou. Three of the sculptures, "The Archer," "The Swimmer" and "The Gymnast" are prominantly displayed in our front window. I have adorned "Mr. Phelps" (The Swimmer) with eight gold medals, designed by yours truly and have enjoyed the reactions of those who stop to enjoy the display. The Olympians are available in four sizes and are a lovely way to remember your favorite athelete or Olympic moment. The reflection on the gallery windows has made it difficult to get a good picture of the display, but I've posted the best ones for you to enjoy.



As the games of the XXIX Olympiad came to a close last night, I found myself wondering what I was going to do on Monday night. That question was quickly answered when I realized that I had a garage full of boxes to unpack. Quent and I closed on our new home in Napa last week and today was the first day that either of us has had any time to begin moving in. Quent spent the day changing locks and I tackled the kitchen this evening. There were no diving, no hurdles, no volleyball or swimming events to keep me glued to the television this evening. Instead, I participated in my own Olympic events. Box toting, mop wielding and furniture arranging are among the many events taking place in the Cordair household this week. By week's end, we should be well settled and enjoying our new home. 2008 has been quite a year for us; we are looking forward to many more adventures around the corner.

1 comment:

dave k. said...

Congratulations, Linda, to you and Quent on closing on your house. I presume it is the one you told me about that 'must' include the picture? Seems odd that you think you don't have enough pictures so you buy a house that includes them!! You say you will be settled by the end of the week so you should be rested enough to start thinking about cruise number two! Will be up there soon.
Dave